U drill is also called shallow hole drill. The difference between U drill and ordinary drill is that the U drill uses blades-peripheral blade and center blade. From this point of view, the relationship between U drill and ordinary hard drill is actually related to the machine tool and welding car. The relationship between the knives is almost the same, and the blades can be replaced directly without resharpening after the U drill is worn out.
The use of indexable inserts saves materials than solid drills, and the consistency of the inserts makes it easier to control the size of the parts.
Therefore, U drill is your good choice!
Let’s talk about the advantages of U drill below.
- U drill can drill holes on the surface with an inclination angle of less than 30°, and there is no need to reduce the cutting parameters.
- After the cutting parameters of U drill are reduced by 30%, intermittent cutting can be realized, such as processing intersecting holes, intersecting holes, and intersecting holes.
- U drill can realize the drilling of multi-step holes, as well as boring, chamfering and eccentric drilling.
- Drilling chips are mostly short chips during U drilling, and its internal cooling system can be used for safe chip removal without cleaning the chips on the tool, which is conducive to the continuity of product processing, shortens the processing time, and improves efficiency.
- Under the condition of standard aspect ratio, there is no need to remove chips when using U drill to make holes.
- U drill is an indexable tool, no need to sharpen the blade after wear, it is convenient to replace, and the cost is low.
- The surface roughness value of the hole processed by the U drill is small, and the tolerance range is small, which can replace part of the work of the boring tool.
- U drills do not need to pre-drill the center hole, and the bottom surface of the processed blind hole is relatively straight, eliminating the need for a flat-bottomed drill.
- Using the U drill technology can not only reduce the drilling tools, but also because the U drill uses the head inlaid cemented carbide inserts, its cutting life is more than ten times that of ordinary drills. At the same time, there are four cutting edges on the inserts. The cutting can be replaced at any time when it is worn. The new cutting saves a lot of time for grinding and changing tools, and can improve work efficiency by 6 to 7 times on average.
In addition to the above advantages, we also need to pay attention to several issues in CNC machining. U-drills have high requirements on the rigidity of the machine tool and the neutrality of the tool and the workpiece when used. Therefore, the U-drill is suitable for use on high-power, high-rigidity, and high-speed CNC machine tools. U-drills have high requirements on the rigidity of the machine tool and the neutrality of the tool and the workpiece when used. Therefore, the U-drill is suitable for use on high-power, high-rigidity, and high-speed CNC machine tools.