Spiral cutter shaft installation steps
- When the spiral cutter shaft has been installed on the machine and the blade is replaced, the power supply of the equipment must be turned off first.
- Use an air gun or brush to remove debris, dust and other foreign objects on the knife shaft.
- Rotate the wrench counterclockwise to loosen the screw (if the screw is too tight or rusty and difficult to loosen, knock the screw first, be careful not to knock the blade, and then loosen it with a wrench).
- Use an air gun or brush to remove the debris and dust on the knife holder to ensure that the knife holder is clean. To avoid blade breakage or edge on the planing surface.
- To change a cutting edge, wipe the blade clean and rotate it 90 degrees (Note: There is a mark or number mark on the surface of the blade to ensure the same orientation and avoid changing the new and old blade surfaces incorrectly.
- Press the blade gently and slide it a few times to make the bottom surface of the blade fit the blade holder, and lock the screw clockwise, the blade will automatically press against the positioning table of the blade holder. (Note: In order to ensure that the screws and screw holes will not be seized and rusted firmly, so as not to be easy to loosen next time, the screws need to be lubricated with oil when changing the blade.
- Carefully check whether the blade is correctly placed on the tool holder, to avoid damage to the blade or edge on the cutting surface when the blade is locked.
- Check the blade before use. If it is broken, please replace it immediately to avoid safety accidents and damage to the product. Check the screws frequently to avoid loosening of the screws.
Precautions for replacing the spiral cutter shaft
- Check the accuracy of the original bearings. It is best to replace them with new ones. The replaced bearings should be P5 low-noise, high-precision bearings.
- Check the inner diameter of the bearing housing (due to the excessive wear and tear of the bearing inner hole for many years, it will cause loud noise, and it will also cause the bearing to be damaged in a short time, making the inner or outer circle of the bearing shaft). If there is a problem with the bearing seat, replace it. It is a new bearing seat.
- Check and clean the shaft head and shaft seat before installing the bearing; add 3# white grease in the bearing; when installing the bearing, the bearing is required to be pressed in smoothly and evenly (If there is hydraulic equipment, please use hydraulic equipment Install the bearing. If there is no hydraulic equipment, the steel ring should be used to contact the inner ring of the bearing and knock in evenly to avoid damage to the outer circle of the shaft head by single-sided knocking)
- The light-cut spiral knife shaft has four cutting edge surfaces. If one of the cutting edges of the blade is blunt, you need to tighten the screw counterclockwise to clean the knife seat and the blade, which can be cleaned with gasoline or thinner water. When changing the cutting edge surface, you must pay attention: the surface of each blade has a marking point, and it must be ensured that the same orientation is the same to avoid the wrong surface of the new and old blades, which may cause uneven wood planing surfaces.
- If the screw is too tight or rusty and difficult to loosen, first put the bit into the torx hole of the screw and tap it lightly with a small hammer (be careful not to damage the blade), and then use a wrench to loosen it easily . In order to avoid the phenomenon that the screw is rusty and difficult to loosen the next time the tool is changed, it is recommended to clean the screw hole every time the tool is changed. It is easy to loosen the screws when changing the blade.