There are many key points in milling cutter processing, what are the points worthy of our attention, let’s look together!
- Using high-rigidity equipment for processing as much as possible.
- When the rigidity is insufficient, adjust the depth of cut and cutting parameters.
Deflection of fixture and end mill
- Please use high-rigidity and high-precision milling cutter holders.
- When loading the tool, try to control the deflection of the tool to the minimum.
- The workpiece fixture must be firmly fixed.
- When the clamping state cannot be improved, adjust the cutting parameters such as the depth of cutting.
Treatment of cutting fluid and chips
- The amount of cutting fluid used must be sufficient.
- For heavy cutting, it is recommended to use water-soluble cutting fluid.
- Please note that some products are dedicated for dry cutting.
- For dry cutting, use air blowing cooling.
- Avoid cutting chips hindering the supply of cutting fluid or cutting.
Choice of end mill types
- Please choose a suitable milling cutter according to different processing workpieces and processing shapes.
- Adjust the cutting parameters according to the rigidity of the equipment and the clamping state of the workpiece.
End mill extension
- In the case of no interference, please minimize the extension of the tool.
- When the tool extension is too long, please adjust the cutting parameters such as depth of cutting and feed speed.