Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) Dies for Wire Drawing that can be used for ferrous and non-ferrous Wire Drawing Applications. Sizes are available for drawing applications ranging from ultra-fine wire to largely drawn rod. This size range includes 0.040 to 35 mm (0.00157 – 1.378″). PCD Dies offer a high resistance to wear and an excellent wire surface finish.
Copper wire, Aluminum wire, Tungsten wire, Molybdenum wire, Stainless steel wire, Coated steel wire, Special alloy and high-performance alloy wire, Precious metal wire, Various other ferrous and non-ferrous metal wire types.
- YG6 (WC: 94%, Co: 6%): It has high wear resistance and good strength and toughness. Hardness special shape. When the metal is pulled through the die hole, the size becomes smaller and even the shape changes. The core of the hard alloy wire drawing die is generally tungsten cobalt hard alloy. Not less than 89.5HRC, suitable for non-ferrous metals or wire drawing rods of various specifications.
- YG6X (WC: 94%, Co: 6%): It is the hardest and lowest strength of the tungsten-cobalt alloy, Wear resistance is the best, but toughness is the worst. Hardness not less than 92HRC, suitable for drawing wire of thin gauge wire (preferably below 0.6mm) with a diameter of 20mmMPa, the hardness of nonferrous metals and their alloy wires.
- YG8 (WC: 92%, Co: 8%): Has higher toughness and impact resistance than YG6, but its wear resistance and hardness are worse than YG6, and its hardness is not less than 89HRC. It is suitable for wire rod and pipe drawing die ( The diameter is less than 50mm).
- YG10: The strength is 2400MPa, the hardness is not less than 88.5HRA, it is used to make wire drawing dies for drawing steel and non-ferrous metal round bars and pipes.
- YG15: The strength is 2800 and not less than 87HRA. It is used to make steel rods and pipes with high shrinkage.
The nano-diamond composite coating drawing dies is based on cemented carbide (WC-Co) as the substrate, and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) is used to apply micro-level and nano-level diamond composite coating on the surface of the inner hole of the die. After precision grinding and polishing of the coating, a new mold is obtained.
The micro-nano composite coating on the surface of the inner hole not only has the characteristics of strong adhesion and good wear resistance of the micron diamond coating but also has the advantages of high surface finish of the nano-diamond coating, small friction coefficient, and easy grinding and polishing.
Our product advantages:
- Targeted pre-treatment process: make the coating and the substrate tightly combined
- Bottom micron diamond coating: excellent wear resistance
- Surface layer nanometer diamond coating: excellent surface finish and low friction coefficient
- Computer simulation to optimize the hole design: make the force of the wire evenly
- Life: drawn aluminum wire is more than 30 times that of tungsten carbide dies; drawn low carbon steel wire is more than 20 times of T.C drawing dies; drawn medium carbon steel wire is more than 30 times of carbide dies.
- Aperture change when the mold is scrapped: 0.00 mm, free of drawing dies repair
- The working surface has a high finish and is always the same
- High dimensional accuracy
- Reduce the number of shutdown inspections and drawing dies changes, and improve production efficiency
- It saves raw materials, and the length of the metal wire produced is 1% to 2% longer than that produced by traditional drawing dies.
- Improve product quality (because the working surface has high smoothness and high dimensional accuracy)
High-performance synthetic single-crystal diamond dies core (SSCD) is suitable for cold drawing and hot drawing of various metal wires. It has a very high drawing finish, long service life, and a reasonable price makes the single-crystal diamond wire drawing die core a variety of drawing Ideal for high-end products.
Diamond is a crystal of a single carbon atom, and its crystal structure belongs to the equiaxed face-centered cubic crystal system (a crystal system with the highest atomic density).
Because the bond between carbon atoms in diamond is sp3 hybrid covalent bond, it has a strong bonding force, stability, and directionality. It is currently the hardest substance known in nature, and its microhardness can reach 10000HV.
Artificially manufactured single-crystal diamond not only has good performance compared to natural diamond but also has isotropy that is impossible with natural diamond. It has high hardness, good wear resistance, high strength, good thermal conductivity, and coefficient of friction with non-ferrous metals. Low, good adhesion resistance, excellent corrosion resistance, and chemical stability. It has an important position and is widely used in the field of mechanical processing, especially in the field of ultra-precision processing.
Due to the physical properties of a single crystal diamond, the tools manufactured by it have good surface quality and good surface finish, making it an ideal material for manufacturing wire drawing dies.
Synthetic Single-crystal Diamond Dies Core Size