How is the manufacturing technology of the mill rolls development?
Variety and manufacturing process of mill rolls with the progress of metallurgical technology and the evolution of rolling equipment.
- Medieval rolling soft non-ferrous metallic rolls.
- In the middle of the 18th century, Yeying, Master the production technology of cold cast iron rolls for rolled steel sheets.
- The advancement of European steelmaking technology in the next half of the 19th century requires rolling a larger tonnage of steel ingots, whether it is the strength of the gray cast iron or the cold cast iron rolls, with no requirements. The carbon content is 0.4% to 0.6%, the ordinary cast steel roller is born. The emergence of heavy-duty-duple forging equipment is further improved by the strong toughness of the forging rolls of this component.
- The introduction of alloying elements of alloy elements in the early 20th century significantly improves the wear resistance and toughness of cast steel and forged steel hot rolls and cold rolls. The surface quality of the rolled material is improved in the cast iron roll of the hot-rolled sheet. The composite casting of the rinsing method significantly increases the core strength of the cast roll.
- A large number of alloy elements in the roll is after the Second World War, this is the rolling equipment towards large, continuous, high speed, automation, and improved the strength of the rolling, and the deformation resistance increases higher requirements. the result of. A semi-steel roll and a ductile iron roll occurred in this period.
- After the 1960s, it was also developed successfully the powder tungsten carbide roll.
- In the early 1970s, the comprehensive performance of the roll rolls in Japan and Europe in the early 1970s, the overall performance of different temperature heat treatment technology, etc. Composite high chromium cast iron rolls are also successfully used in a tropical rolling mill. In the same period, forging white mouth iron and semi-steel rolls were applied in Japan.
- In the 1980s, Europe also introduced high-chromium rolls and ultra-deep hardening cold rolls, and special alloy cast iron rolls for small steel and wire finishing rolling. The development of contemporary rolled steel technology has prompted the development of higher performance rolls.
- Using centrifugal casting method and new composite method such as continuous casting compound (CPC), injection deposition method (Osprey method), electroflag welding method, and heat-like, a forged steel or pneumo Cast iron, the outer layer of high-speed steel series composite rolls and metal-ceramic rolls have been applied to Europe, Japan new generation profiles, wire, steel mills.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!