Metal cutting tools are classified according to cutting process:
- Turning tools (including outer circle, inner hole, thread, cutting tool, etc.).
- Drilling tools (including drill bit, reamer, tap, etc.).
- Boring tool
- Milling tools (including end milling, milling cutter inserts, welding edge milling cutter, etc.)
- Solid carbide saw metal cutting.
The correct selection of cutting tools is an important content in machining technology. It not only affects the machining efficiency of machine tools, but also directly affects the machining quality.
How to correctly select metal cutting tools?
- Choose a large cross-section size of the toolbar as much as possible, and a shorter length size to increase the strength and stiffness of the tool and reduce the vibration of the tool.
- Select a larger main deflection angle (greater than 75, close to 90 °); The tool with negative edge inclination is selected for rough machining and the tool with positive edge inclination is selected for finish machining.
- Uncoated blade and small tip arc radius shall be selected during finishing.
- Choose standardized and serial tools as much as possible.
- Select the correct toolbar and tool handle for quick clamping.