CNC milling tools is a rotary cutter with one or more cutter teeth, which is used for milling by CNC machine. During operation, each cutter tooth cuts off the metal allowance of the workpiece intermittently in turn.
How to classify CNC milling cutters?
A. According to the materials used to manufacture milling cutters, they can be divided into:
- High-speed steel cutting tools.
- Cemented carbide cutting tools.
- Diamond cutting tools.
- Other material cutting tools, such as cubic boron nitride cutting tools, ceramic cutting tools, etc.
B. According to the different structures of milling cutter, it can be divided into:
- Integral type: the tool and handle are made into one.
- Inlay type: it can be divided into welding type and machine clamp type.
- Vibration damping type when the ratio of the working arm length and diameter of the tool is large, this kind of tool is often used in order to reduce the vibration of the tool and improve the machining accuracy.
- Internal cooling type: cutting fluid is sprayed to the cutting edge of the tool through the nozzle hole inside the tool body.
- Special types: such as compound tools, reversible thread tapping tools, etc.