Solid carbide saw used in CNC milling machine to produce precision slots and cuts. The quality of solid carbide saw is closely related to the quality of processed products. The correct and reasonable selection of tungsten steel saw blade is of great significance to improve product quality, shorten processing cycle and reduce processing cost.
With UKO solid carbide circular saw blades according to DIN1837 and DIN1838 you achieve first-class results in slotting, slitting, milling and cutting works. Our solid carbide circular saw blades are suitable for steel, stainless steel, gray cast iron, aluminum, copper, copper alloy, zinc alloy, titanium alloy, plastic and GRP/CRP, etc.
Our solid carbide circular saw blades are available in diameters ranging from 5mm to 300mm and thickness 0.05mm to 60mm (in correlation to the outer diameter).
Due to the latest tool technology and the highest quality standards, the cutting speed of UKO solid carbide circular saw blades can be increased up to 10 times compared to HSS circular saw blades.
In order to maintain good work efficiency and maintain cemented carbide saw blades, these points should be noted: Cemented carbide saw blade is a multi blade tool widely used for sawing aluminum profile and wood. Since the birth of cemented carbide saw blade, it has attracted the attention of many enterprises with its excellent cutting performance.
Now, no matter small and micro enterprises or large-scale enterprises, cemented carbide saw blades can be seen in their production workshops.
As a widely used saw blade, it can be said that many saw blades are basically in full load working state after being purchased into the factory.
Some saw blades have not been removed since they were installed on the full-automatic aluminum cutting machine. They will not be removed from the aluminum cutting machine until the saw teeth of the saw blade are worn out and can not be used.
Although the saw blade itself is a consumable and has a certain service life, if we pay a little attention to the daily use, it can effectively prolong the service life of the saw blade. Thus saving a lot of expenses for enterprises.
In this regard, in our daily processing links, we should strengthen the training of employees and standardize their operation, so as to avoid unnecessary wear and tear.
At the same time, in order to prolong the service life of the saw blade, it is not enough to standardize the operation of employees. When appropriate, we also need the help of third-party devices to effectively prolong the service life of the saw blade.
As the saying goes, a good horse must be equipped with a good saddle. If an efficient machine wants to give full play to its full performance, its operator must be very familiar with it.
For cemented carbide saw blade, although it is a small part of aluminum cutting machine, it can determine the accuracy and precision of product sawing. Therefore, in terms of standardizing the operation of employees, we should focus on the operation of saw blade.
In this regard, from the perspective of processing links, in order to effectively prolong the service life of the saw blade, we must start from standardizing the operation of using the saw blade.
What are the key points of cemented carbide saw blade maintenance?
Clean the saw blade: Whether before or after the use of the saw blade, we should check whether there is dirt on the surface of the saw blade. If there is dirt on the surface of the saw blade, it must be removed.Some large-scale aluminum profile processing enterprises require employees to check whether there is dirt on the surface of the saw blade before loading the saw blade on the issue of standardized operation of the saw blade.When checking the surface of the saw blade, we should focus on whether there is dirt at the hole diameter, because once there is dirt at the hole diameter, it will affect the tightness of the flange and even make the saw blade swing during operation. The correct way is to put the unused cemented carbide saw blade in the moisture-proof carton, or hang the saw blade in a dry environment.
Keep the blade when not in use: The surface of a brand-new saw blade is very smooth, but after a long time of use, the saw body of the saw blade often carries a lot of dirt. After using the saw blade, we should check whether the dirt is attached to the surface of the saw blade.If a large amount of aluminum chips and other dirt are found on the saw body of the saw blade after completing a sawing task, in order to ensure that there will be no problems in the next sawing work, we should clean up the dirt of the saw blade in time.At the same time, although the cemented carbide saw blade is made of alloy tool steel, the saw blade itself is still afraid of the humid environment. In this regard, when we save the saw blade, try not to lay it flat on the ground.
Saw blade grinding: As a consumable, sometimes no matter how careful we are, the saw blade can not be prevented from wearing. When the saw blade is really worn, in addition to being eliminated directly, the grinding of the saw blade is often the first choice.Although the profit of saw blade grinding is very low, not all enterprises are so rich and powerful that they dare to eliminate all the worn saw blades.Compared with the wealth of large enterprises, small and micro enterprises actually have a special preference for saw blade grinding. Because through grinding, more than 80% of the cutting performance of the saw blade can be restored. In this way, a worn saw blade will come back to life. This has greatly improved the cost performance of a cemented carbide saw blade and greatly reduced the procurement cost of the enterprise.
Make good use of micro lubrication device: In order to effectively maintain the saw blade and prolong the service life of the saw blade, we can also install a set of micro lubrication device on the aluminum cutting machine.Since the micro lubrication system can spray the cutting fluid to the saw blade rotating at high speed at the amount of 0.05 ml per second, it can not only effectively save the use of aluminum cutting fluid, but also reduce the wear of the saw blade.When the saw blade is working, it will produce a lot of heat. If these heat are gathered together and can not be effectively discharged, it will actually lead to the deformation of the saw blade due to heat, which will affect the sawing effect of the saw blade. Spraying cutting fluid on the working saw blade can effectively improve the heating condition of the saw blade, take away the heat, and then keep the temperature of the saw blade within a reasonable level, so as not to cause the wear of the saw blade due to dry cutting.
The maintenance of cemented carbide saw blade is by no means an easy task, and among these four points, the most important is not one of these four points, but the attitude of the person using the saw blade.
If the users of the saw blade want to reduce the purchase cost of the enterprise and prolong the service life of the saw blade, how can they do well in the above four points?
How to extend the service life of solid carbide saw?2021-10-22T06:49:39+00:00
The serrations of cemented carbide are sharp right after they are polished, and gradually wear out.
The wear situation is divided into three stages. The carbide saw of the multi-blade saw blades that are just sharpened have an initial wear stage, and then enter the normal grinding stage. When the wear reaches a certain degree, sharp wear will occur.
Grinding before sharp wear occurs, so that the number of grinding is minimal and can extend the life of the saw blade.
Saw blade use and maintenance
According to the specific usage and cutting environment, the cutting performance of carbide inserts produced by different brands is also different. Carbide circular saw blade milling cutter is suitable for cutting alloy structural steel, carburizing steel, high-speed steel, spring steel and other hard alloy materials, as well as various aluminum materials. The use and maintenance of carbide saw blades are as follows:
The carbide saw blade milling cutter is made of solid carbide with sharp and sensitive cutting edges. Therefore, during the movement, installation and disassembly of the saw blade, the saw blade must be carefully protected to avoid damage.
Regularly check the radial runout (±0.02mm) and swing (±0.01mm) of the machine spindle.
The sundries on the spindle and flange must be removed before the saw blade is installed. The surface of the flange should be flat and clean and intersect the axis perpendicularly.
Use the largest possible flange to make the saw blade run more smoothly. The size of the flange should be the same. The size of the flange is 1/3 of the diameter of the saw blade, and the cutting effect is better.
The saw blade should be idling for 30 seconds after the installation is stable, and then start cutting after confirming that everything is normal.
When the saw blade is installed, the flange nut must be moderately tight. The too loose saw blade will slip during rotating cutting, and the too tight saw blade will cause internal damage or deformation to affect the cutting effect.
Before cutting the saw blade, the operator must bring protective equipment (protective glasses, dust mask, safety helmet, protective gloves) and check whether the protective cover of the saw machine is intact.
The resin, debris and other debris gathered on the saw teeth and the side of the saw must be regularly removed, because the accumulation of adherents will increase resistance and cause high energy consumption (in extreme cases, it will cause the burning of the machine motor) and Rough cutting quality. If the cutting edge is blunt at the same time, it may cause damage to the saw teeth.
Avoid using corrosive solvents when cleaning. When the saw blade is not used for a long time, it should be cleaned and sharpened, oiled for rust prevention, and placed in the original carton before placing it properly.
The common types of cemented carbide are tungsten and cobalt (code YG), tungsten titanium (code YT). Because tungsten-cobalt cemented carbide has better impact resistance, it is more widely used in the wood processing industry. The commonly used model in wood processing is YG8-YG15. The number behind YG indicates the percentage of cobalt content. The increase in cobalt content increases the impact toughness and bending strength of the alloy, but the hardness and wear resistance decrease. Choose according to the actual situation.
How to choose solid carbide saw?
Choice of substrate
1. 65Mn spring steel has good elasticity and plasticity, economical materials, good heat treatment hardenability, low heating temperature, easy deformation and can be used for saw blades with low cutting requirements.
2. Carbon tool steel has high carbon content and high thermal conductivity, but its hardness and wear resistance drop sharply at 200℃-250℃, heat treatment deformation is large, hardenability is poor, and tempering time is easy to crack. Manufacture economical materials for tools such as T8A, T10A, T12A, etc.
3. Compared with carbon tool steel, alloy tool steel has better heat resistance, wear resistance, and better handling performance. It is suitable for manufacturing high-grade alloy circular saw blades with heat-resistant deformation temperature of 300℃-400℃.
4. High-speed tool steel has good hardenability, strong hardness and rigidity, and less heat deformation. It is ultra-high-strength steel, and its thermoplastic stability is suitable for manufacturing high-end ultra-thin saw blades.
Choice of diameter
The diameter of the saw blade is related to the sawing equipment used and the thickness of the sawed workpiece. The diameter of the saw blade is small, and the cutting speed is relatively low; the large diameter of the saw blade requires high saw blade and sawing equipment, and the sawing efficiency is also high. According to different circular saw machine models, the outer diameter of the saw blade chooses to use the saw blade with the same diameter.
The diameter of standard parts are: 110MM (4 inches), 150MM (6 inches), 180MM (7 inches), 200MM (8 inches), 230MM (9 inches), 250MM (10 inches), 300MM (12 inches), 350MM ( 14 inch), 400MM (16 inch), 450MM (18 inch), 500MM (20 inch), etc., the bottom slot saw blades of precision panel saws are mostly designed for 120MM.
Selection of teeth
Generally speaking, the more teeth, the more cutting edges per unit time, the better the cutting performance, but the more cutting teeth, the higher the number of cemented carbide, the higher the price of the saw blade, but the denser teeth , The amount of chips between the teeth becomes smaller, which is easy to cause the blade to heat; in addition, there are too many teeth. When the feed rate is not properly matched, the amount of cutting per tooth is very small, which will aggravate the friction between the cutting edge and the workpiece and affect the service life of the cutting edge. . The tooth spacing is usually 15-25mm, and a reasonable number of teeth should be selected according to the sawing material.
Choice of thickness
The thickness of the saw blade theoretically hopes that the thinner the saw blade, the better. The saw slit is actually a consumption. The material of the alloy saw blade base and the process of manufacturing the saw blade determine the thickness of the saw blade. If the thickness is too thin, the saw blade is easy to shake when working, which affects the cutting effect. The thickness of the saw blade should be considered from the stability of the saw blade and the material being cut. The thickness required for some special-purpose materials is also specific, and should be used according to equipment requirements, such as slotted saw blades, scoring saw blades, etc.
Tooth shape selection
Commonly used tooth shapes are left and right teeth (alternate teeth), flat teeth, trapezoid flat teeth (high and low teeth), inverted trapezoidal teeth (inverted conical teeth), dovetail teeth (hump teeth), and the rare industrial grade three Left and right, left and right flat teeth, etc.
1. The left and right teeth are the most widely used, with fast cutting speed and relatively simple grinding. It is suitable for cutting and cross-cutting various soft and hard solid wood profiles and MDF, multi-layer board, particle board, etc. The left and right teeth equipped with anti-rebound force protection teeth are dovetail teeth, which are suitable for longitudinally cutting various plates with tree knuckles; left and right tooth saw blades with negative rake angles are usually used for sticking due to sharp teeth and good cutting quality Sawing of panels.
2. The flat tooth saw is rough, the cutting speed is slow, and the grinding is the simplest. It is mainly used for sawing ordinary wood with low cost. It is mostly used for aluminum saw blades with smaller diameters to keep the stickiness reduced during cutting, or for slotted saw blades to keep the groove bottom flat.
3. The trapezoidal flat teeth are a combination of trapezoidal teeth and flat teeth. The grinding is more complicated. It can reduce the cracking of the veneer during sawing. It is suitable for the sawing of various single and double veneer artificial boards and fireproof boards. In order to prevent sticking, saw blades for aluminum also use saw blades with a large number of flat teeth.
4. Inverted trapezoidal teeth are commonly used in the bottom groove saw blade of the panel saw. When sawing the double-faced artificial board, the groove saw adjusts the thickness to complete the groove processing of the bottom surface, and then the main saw completes the sawing processing of the plate. To prevent the edge of the saw blade from collapsing.
In summary, the left and right teeth should be selected for sawed wood, particle board, and medium density board, which can sharply cut the wood fiber tissue, and the cut is smooth; in order to keep the groove at the bottom of the groove flat, use a flat tooth profile or use left and right flat Combined teeth; sawing veneer and fireproof board generally choose flat teeth. Due to the large cutting rate of computer cutting saws, the diameter and thickness of the alloy saw blades are relatively large, the diameter is about 350-450mm, and the thickness is 4.0-4.8 Between mm, most flat teeth are used to reduce edge collapse and saw marks.
Selection of sawtooth angle
The angle parameter of the sawtooth part is more complicated and the most professional, and the correct selection of the angle parameter of the saw blade is the key to determine the cutting quality. The main angle parameters are rake angle, back angle, and wedge angle.
The front angle mainly affects the force consumed by sawing sawdust. The larger the rake angle, the better the sharpness of the sawtooth cutting, the lighter the sawing, and the more effortless the pushing. Generally, when the material to be processed is soft, choose a larger rake angle, otherwise choose a smaller rake angle.
The angle of the sawtooth is the position of the sawtooth during cutting. The angle of sawtooth affects the cutting performance. The greatest influence on cutting is the rake angle γ, the rake angle α, and the wedge angle β. The rake angle γ is the cutting angle of the sawtooth. The larger the rake angle, the lighter and faster the cutting. The rake angle is generally between 10-15°C. The back angle is the angle between the sawtooth and the processed surface. Its function is to prevent friction between the sawtooth and the processed surface. The larger the back angle, the smaller the friction and the smoother the processed product. The back angle of carbide saw blades is generally 15℃. The wedge angle is derived from the anterior and posterior angles. But the wedge angle cannot be too small, it plays the role of maintaining the strength, heat dissipation and durability of the teeth. The sum of the front angle γ, the rear angle α, and the wedge angle β is equal to 90°C.
Choice of aperture
Aperture is a relatively simple parameter, mainly selected according to the requirements of the equipment, but in order to maintain the stability of the saw blade, the saw blade above 250MM is best to use equipment with a larger aperture. At present, the diameter of standard parts designed in China is mostly 20MM for diameters below 120MM, 25.4MM for diameters 120-230MM, and 30 diameters for diameters above 250. Some imported equipment also has 15.875MM holes. The mechanical aperture of multi-blade saws is relatively complicated , With keyway to ensure stability. Regardless of the aperture size, it can be transformed by a lathe or a wire cutting machine. The lathe can be fitted with a washer in a large aperture, and the wire cutting machine can expand the hole as required by the equipment.
A series of parameters, such as the type of alloy cutter head, the material of the base, the diameter, the number of teeth, the thickness, the tooth shape, the angle, the aperture, etc., are combined into the whole hard alloy saw blade. It must be properly selected and matched to give full play to its advantages.
Saw blade description
Because the main material is composed of tungsten steel, it is also called tungsten steel saw blade.
Carbide saw blades include multiple types of alloy blades, material of the base, diameter, number of teeth, thickness, tooth shape, angle, aperture and other parameters. These parameters determine the processing ability and cutting performance of the saw blade. When choosing a saw blade, the saw blade needs to be correctly selected according to the type, thickness, sawing speed, sawing direction, feeding speed, and width of the saw path.
Use and maintenance of saw blade
As a modern industrial tooth, cemented carbide is widely used. According to the specific use situation and cutting environment, the cutting performance of different grades of carbide inserts produced by different brands is also different. Carbide circular saw blade cutters are suitable for cutting alloy structural steel, carburized steel, high-speed steel, spring steel and other hard alloy materials, as well as various aluminum materials. The use and maintenance of cemented carbide dramas are as follows:
1. Carbide saw blade milling cutter is made of solid carbide, with sharp and sensitive cutting edges. Therefore, during the movement, installation and disassembly of the saw blade, care must be taken to protect the alloy head from damage. 1. The alloy head of the carbide disc saw blade has a sharp and sensitive cutting edge, so during the movement, installation and disassembly of the saw blade, the alloy head must be carefully protected from damage.
2. Regularly check the radial runout (±0.02mm) and swing amplitude (±0.01mm) of the machine spindle.
3. Before installing the saw blade, the debris on the spindle and flange must be removed. The flange surface should be flat, clean and perpendicular to the shaft.
4. Use the largest possible flange to make the blade run more smoothly, the flange size should be consistent, the flange size is 1/3 of the blade diameter, and the cutting effect is better.
5. The saw blade should be idle for 30 seconds after the installation is stable, and then start the cutting work after confirming that everything is normal.
6. When installing the saw blade, the flange nut must be properly tightened. Over-saw blade will slip during rotary cutting. Over-tight saw blade will cause internal injury or deformation and affect the cutting effect.
7. Before cutting, the operator must wear protective equipment (protective glasses, dust mask, hard hat, protective gloves) and check whether the protective cover of the saw is intact.
8. The resin, debris and other debris that accumulate on the sides of the sawtooth and sawboard must be regularly removed, because the accumulation of adhesives will increase the resistance and cause high energy consumption (in extreme cases, it will cause the burning of the machine motor) and Rough cutting quality. If the cutting edge is blunt at the same time, it may cause damage to the sawtooth.
9. Avoid using corrosive solvents when cleaning. When the saw blade is not used for a long time, it should be cleaned and sharpened. After oiling and anti-rust treatment, put it in the original carton and place it properly.
1. Application: cutting wood, aluminum profiles, etc.
2. Cooperate with electric tools: electric saw, profile cutting machine.
1) Carbide saw blade for wood: mainly used for cutting wood, its tooth shape is an oblique tooth and is arranged on the left and right sides, so this tooth shape is called “left and right teeth”, also known as “XYX teeth”.
2) Carbide saw blades for aluminum profiles: mainly used for cutting aluminum, the tooth profile is flat teeth, the front and back teeth are arranged in parallel, so this tooth profile is called “flat tooth”, also known as “TP tooth”.
How to choose the diameter of the carbide saw blade?
Some customers are confused about the choice of diameter and aperture when purchasing carbide circular saw blades. UKO, as the manufacturer of tungsten carbide solid saw blades and TCT saw blades, has come to answer for you […]
What are the common tooth shapes of carbide saw blades?
Tungsten carbide saw blade is the most commonly used cutting tool for wood products processing. The quality of the carbide saw blade is closely related to the quality of processed products […]
Sharpening of woodworking carbide insert welding tooth saw blade?
Cemented carbide is hard and brittle, so great attention should be paid in the process of transportation, installation and disassembly to avoid damaging the serrated blade and personal injury […]
How to solve the vibration of woodworking circular saw blade?
Why does the circular saw blade vibrate? The vibration of the circular saw blade refers to the reciprocating lateral movement of the saw blade near its equilibrium position […]
WE PROVIDE COMPETITIVE CARBIDE TOOLS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS WORLDWIDE.
ADD No.500 Jinshan Industrial Park, Hetang District, Zhuzhou City.
TEL +86 731 2882 1507