Wire Drawing Lubricant Powder
Wire drawing powder, also wire drawing lubricant powder, is usually divided into calcium-based and nano-based.
In the process of wire cold drawing deformation, wire drawing powder can play a lubricating role, reduce friction, reduce energy consumption, and prolong the service life of wire drawing die. In the drawing process, a lubricating film can also be formed on the surface of the steel wire,which can protect the steel wire.
Wire manufactures have different process, the type of wire drawing machine may in “water cooling”, “air cooling”, “straight-in” or “pulley drawing” type.
The drawing speed, the quality of the wire drawing dies, the material of the drawn wire, the finished wire, steps of drawing dies all require different wire drawing lubricant powder. So some drawing process use 2 or 3 types drawing powder, some even need to match a new material in using.
"Please Click to Enter the Current Category Directory."
Which Wire Drawing Powder Is Common?
Drawing lubricant The process lubricating material in the drawing process of the metal wire is used to form a lubricating film between the drawn metal and the drawing die wall to reduce the friction between the interface and prevent the metal from being on the die wall due to heat The bonding on the surface can reduce the energy consumption and temperature rise during drawing, extend the service life of the mold, ensure the surface quality of the product, and make the deformation uniform. Improving the lubricating performance of lubricants plays an important role in realizing high-speed drawing and strengthening the drawing deformation process. Generally, there are special drawing lubricants for drawing mild steel, copper, aluminum and their alloys. The following describes the common drawing lubricants:
1. Lubricant for rod and wire drawing
(1) Steel drawing lubrication Due to the easy adhesion of film during steel drawing, dry film lubrication is often used as the initial protective layer. Low and medium carbon steel wire drawing lubricant can use lime or borax, or general drawing oil. Borax will revert to a crystalline state under high humidity, but has good corrosion resistance under moderate humidity. If you do not need to remove it after drawing, it is best to use special drawing oil as a lubricant. If annealing treatment is required, the residue must be removed before annealing, otherwise the residue will be transformed into carbonized deposits during heat treatment, and part of the residue will be deposited on the metal surface and affect the quality of the drawn product.
(2) The drawing lubrication of aluminum and aluminum alloy. Aluminum is similar to stainless steel, with a fragile oxide film on the surface, but it is much better than stainless steel. For drawing of aluminum and aluminum alloy strips and bars, special drawing oils with sulfurized lard as the main additive are commonly used. The addition amount depends on the type of alloy, drawing size and speed. It can be used for drawing soft metal strips. The occurrence of unfavorable conditions such as anti-sticking film and sintering when and bars. The viscosity of the lubricating oil used in aluminum wire drawing is determined by the size of the drawn aluminum wire, the drawing speed, the reduction ratio of the drawing diameter and the required roughness.
(3) Drawing lubrication of copper and copper alloys The selection of drawing lubricants for copper and copper alloys is affected by many factors such as drawing speed, rod diameter and die. Generally speaking, it is sufficient to use grease or high-viscosity mechanical lubricant when drawing bars at low speed. But sometimes in order to further improve the processing quality, an appropriate amount of vulcanized extreme pressure additives can be added. The high-speed wire drawing production line developed in recent years puts forward higher requirements for drawing oil, such as requiring suitable lubricity to reduce wear and improve the life of the mold; it has good cleaning properties to prevent copper powder from sticking around the mold And cause wear; it must have a good cooling effect and a long service cycle, so as to ensure the quality of wire drawing and high production efficiency. At present, the development of high-speed wire drawing lubricating coolant with the above-mentioned good comprehensive performance is an urgent requirement for further improvement of wire drawing technology.
2. Lubricant for pipe drawing
(1) In the drawing of steel pipes, the blank pipe is generally pickled first to remove oxide scale, and then subjected to phosphating-saponification surface pretreatment, so that the formed lubricating film can meet the requirements of the drawing process. A good lubrication state has an impact on the quality of the pipe. , Mold life and production efficiency have a great impact. The seamless steel pipe is produced by perforating hot rolling process. The perforated core rod needs to be lubricated with lubricant. The main components of the lubricant used are graphite, metal powder, vulcanized lard, etc.
(2) High-viscosity lubricating oil generally used for cold drawing of aluminum tubes, and sometimes an appropriate amount of oily antiwear agent, extreme pressure antiwear agent and antioxidant are added. When drawing small diameter aluminum tubes at high speed, special drawing oil with low viscosity and extreme pressure and anti-wear additives can be used to greatly reduce the oil pollution and avoid the trouble of solvent cleaning because it has been widely used. Generally, the roughness of the drawn aluminum tube is affected by the viscosity of the lubricating oil, the drawing speed and the die geometry. In order to keep the aluminum tube bright, the aluminum tube can also be drawn with paraffin lubricant, that is, the tube blank is immersed in a solvent-diluted paraffin solution or emulsion, and then drawn after soaking. In this way, it can be drawn three times in a row without applying lubricant, and the drawn aluminum tube can be cleaned with paraffin wax.
(3) There are two processes for copper pipe drawing: linear drawing and disc drawing. Disc drawing has the advantages of long drawing and high speed, but also has high requirements on lubricants. For example, refrigeration copper pipes used in refrigerators require good cleanliness of the inner and outer surfaces. If the lubricating oil contains a lot of residual carbon, the copper surface will appear black during annealing. In the early stage of copper pipe drawing, mineral oil or vegetable oil-based oil-based lubricants are often used, but there are disadvantages such as pollution of the environment and easy to produce oil spots. At present, special drawing oils are mostly used, and drawing lubricants with sulfurized fatty acid esters as main additives have better comprehensive performance and are widely used.